Sunday, November 27, 2005

What are some of the things you are thankful for?

If you can think back to our morning meeting the Wednesday before Thanksgiving break, we went around the circle and told the class things we were thankful for. This is your chance to tell those things again and add some details so we can learn more about you. These details are important as they make your writing more interesting. Your post should be at least five sentences long and can be much longer. Remember to add your first name to your post in order to get credit for your writing.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Jay Monson, M. Ed., Concordia University, St. Paul said...

There are many things I am thankful for. One of those things is my family. I have a supportive wife, my mother and father, and my two sisters and two brothers that are all special to me.

Another thing I am thankful for is my job as a teacher. I had to work a lot in college and continue to work hard, but it is a rewarding job and I like coming to work each day. It is nice to be able to share in my job with my wife who is a teacher as well.

I am also thankful for my friends. I have many friends that I have met throughout my lifetime. Many of these friends I will know for many years and will continue to be an important part of my life.

Lastly, I am thankful for my health and the health of the people around me. I take care of myself and try to pass on the gift of health to others. I do this by eating right, exercising, and spreading healthy habits to others.

Those were some of the things I am thankful for. I always try to remember my family, job, friends, and health each day, as these things are all special to me. Are you thankful for some of these same things?

By Mr. Monson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home